Reposted from LnkedIn. 1/9/2019
The annual consumer-electronics bonanza kicks off in Las Vegas and runs through Thursday. Here’s what’s been announced so far:
- Google unveiled its instant translator.
- Hyundai showed off a new walking car.
- Amazon is partnering with garage-door makers so it can put packages in your garage.
- LG’s rollup TV will go on sale this year.
- MasterCard revealed it’s dropping its name from the company’s logo.
- Intel demonstrated its first 10-nanometer processor.
- Samsung’s new smart TVs will support Apple iTunes.
- Also on Samsung, the company is getting into the robotics business.
- Blackberry is making internet-connected devices more secure with three new products it plans to license to makers of smart home devices.
- HP’s Chromebook will run on AMD processors.
Perspectives curated by LinkedIn Editors